Pieces of paper delivered to you daily are far from technologically advanced. OK, the way mail systems around the world process and process your mail is pretty impressive, but the fact that you have to go to your mailbox or front door to collect shows how low-tech this process is. Enter the online post office.
What is an online post office?
An online post office converts old-fashioned paper mail into digital files, giving you access anywhere and on any device. No more loyal waiting in your mailbox – you can see your mail when it arrives and never miss important items again.
How does it work?
Every online post office has slightly different procedures, but in general this is what happens:
- You get an address at the location of your choice
- You forward or share your address and e-mail starts to arrive
- When this happens, it is sorted and added to an online e-mail management system
- U & # 39; You will receive a notification by e-mail or text message with the text & # 39; You have e-mail! & # 39;
- You log in and choose what happens next. You can:
- Request to open it and scan it so that you can read it online
- Ask if it is forwarded to you unopened
- Save it until you are ready
- Have it destroyed or recycled .
What kinds of addresses can I get?
It depends on where you want an address ̵
- PO Box addresses (UK Postbox offers PO boxes free in the UK)
- Actual street addresses
- A parcel delivery address  An official address for your company
- A return address for online markets such as Amazon & Etsy
Why would I need an online post office?
There are many reasons why all sorts of people use post offices online – these are just a few:
To keep an address in their home country and avoid international shipping costs.
For people who travel a lot for work or pleasure – they can go on top of mail while they are away.
Home Based Businesses
A "virtual address" gives home businesses privacy where they live.
Businesses of all sizes
Expand to new cities without having to rent buildings
Buy goods from retailers in other countries that do not ship internationally.
What should I expect from my online post office?
Trust is everything – these people finally open your e-mail. Make sure you do your research before you sign up for a service. View the background of the company, including reading reviews from a number of sources. Ideally, you are looking for a service that has been set up for some time – it has the best procedures and policies to protect your email. Don't hesitate to ask – send them a message and ask them how they handle e-mail because you need to make sure that the company you choose takes the protection of your confidential information as seriously as you do. Finally, avoid scan-to-email services – they are usually not as secure as fully-fledged online email management systems designed specifically for this purpose. Also look for those who link to other online apps – UK Postbox for example, is entered directly into both Dropbox and Evernote, creating a seamless link in your normal workflow.
If you do not have an online postal service, why wait? It saves you both time and money – at least sign up so that you have an address set when you need it.
You might also like this