Following the launch of the $5 ad-supported subscription, Paramount+ is adding more than 1,000 movies to its catalog, including: Sonic the hedgehog and Rocketman. The films will be available to subscribers on June 1
ViacomCBS is running a ‘Mountain of Movies’ campaign to try to generate interest in Paramount+. The idea behind the campaign is pretty simple: Paramount+ will get a ton of movies in 2021, including movies from some of ViacomCBS’s competitors (such as Disney’s The Avengers). As 2022 rolls around, the company will debut a brand new movie on Paramount+ every week.
So, what movies will get Paramount+ subscribers on June 10? We don’t have a complete list, but this is what ViacomCBS says in its press release:
- Action and adventure: Terminator: Dark Fate, Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, Red Dawn, skyfall, The Avengers, Twins Man, and The Rhythm Section
- Acclaimed: Rocketman, Judy, Florence Foster Jenkins, The Wolf of Wall Street, Revolutionary way, 71, the soloist, The Birdcage, The full Monty, and petite women
- Children and family: Dora and the Lost City of Gold, Sonic the hedgehog, The Addams family, Wonder Park, The Adventures of Tintin, and Charlotte’s Web
- Horror: body cam, holy maudo, To crawl, Child’s play, Gretel & Hans, Pet Sematary, the child prodigy, The hunt, Paranormal Activity 3 & 4, and Arachnophobia
- comedies: Like a boss, the hassle, Valley Girl, What men want, Fighting with my family, The small hours, The Dictator, i love you man, Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa, tropical thunder, No obligations, Hi, my name is Doris, and The Rock School.
With the addition of these and several other titles, Paramount+ can be a strong option for families who like to watch a lot of movies. But there is a lot of overlap between the catalog and the catalogs of rival services, such as Netflix and Disney+. It may take a long time for Paramount+ to feel like a premium service, which could explain why ViacomCBS introduced a cheaper ad-supported plan.
Source: ViacomCBS via The Streamable