Now in its fourth year, Fortnite continues to entertain and support the community that has kept it at the top of the charts for so long. With crossovers and cameos from all walks of life, this last season was one of the most exciting. From Din Dajarin, the protagonist of the Disney + hit show The Mandalorian, to Predator, the galaxy’s most terrifying hunter, Fortnite has a long list of cosmetic items to offer. Most of these pieces come at a price, of course. Fortnite gives its fans the opportunity to refund skins they regret buying. This guide explains how to get refunds Fortnite, and all associated restrictions.
More Fortnite guides
How to insert a skin Fortnite
- Start by going to the main lobby and pressing the home button or selecting the options icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Then select the gear icon that says Settings to the right of the options.
- Navigate all the way to the furthest tab on the right where the icon looks like a person.
- Look under the Content portion of your account for the lifetime refund request area.
- below Content, select the option to submit a request.
- Select that and it will take you to another screen with all the items you have that are eligible for a refund. If you find that there are no items available for a refund, you can try to checkout Billing support on the Epic Games website or submit a ticket. Eligible items listed here have been purchased in the last 30 days and you can refund them.
- Select the item you want a refund for and on the next page choose the reason you want a refund. There are three options to choose from and they will not affect whether or not you get a refund. Make sure to select the one that best suits your situation. If you accidentally bought this or were planning to buy something else, make sure to select it. If your child or someone else made the purchase without your supervision and / or consent, you must select the option for unauthorized purchase. Finally, if you just don’t like or don’t want the skin, choose the “item not as expected” option.
- Once you have selected your reason, you will be taken to the final screen where you can confirm your refund request. It shows you the value of the item in V-Bucks, so you know what you will get back from the refund.
- Submit the return request. Once the request has been sent to Epic Games, it should be accepted quickly and you should find the V-Bucks in your account shortly after.
What if I can’t get a refund in Fortnite?
It is important to note that there is a restriction on the items you can refund in the game. You can refund cosmetic items such as skins, outfits, emotes, parachutes, and so on. These aren’t just limited to the skins you buy from the item store. However, you cannot refund skins or other items earned through unique events, challenges, or Battle Pass. The rule of thumb is that if you didn’t spend money or V-Bucks directly on the skin, you can’t pay it back.
You can’t refund the Battle Pass itself, so make sure you really want it before spending any money on it. In addition, you cannot refund purchases made with V-Bucks. This is the virtual currency used to purchase cosmetic items Fortnite, and while you can refund skins for V-Bucks, you cannot refund V-Bucks for real money.
Now the other caveat is that you can refund items on your account up to three times. Once you refund three items, you can’t refund anything else on that particular account. As of now, there is no specified time period for this limitation, so expect this limit to be permanent unless Epic Games changes it in the future.
Finally, any item you want to refund must have been purchased within the last 30 days.