You can plan ahead for aging on your own terms and limit the aging process without losing your personal freedom or independence. T The Boomer generation is the first to have easily accessible tools with which smart strategies can age in place, saving tens of thousands per year in assisted living by aging safely in place.
The latest technologies such as robots, the internet of things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Virtual Reality (VR), personal assistants and "smart home" protection are all designed to meet the challenges of aging . We can deal with memory, eyesight and hearing damage and go from reactive to proactive with the help of AI, data mining and sensors.
Do you want to start? Ask yourself …
- Are you open to the many available technical aids that can make life easier?
- Where do you want to live your life? What feels good? Freedom is making the choice yourself, so you don't have to make it for you and ultimately live your life in a place where you don't feel like you belong.
- How will you take care of your mind, body and mind if people can live for decades longer than expected?
Technologies that can help:
- Robotic Technology : In Ireland, Mylo the robot acts as a personal home assistant to relieve stress and worry when living alone. Mylo can detect a fall or heart condition, check the heartbeat, locate his patient in the home and, if necessary, initiate an emergency response and warn him if his patient is wrong. Milo speaks a bit slower, is easier to understand and does not get irritated when the same questions are asked repeatedly.
- Lighting: The battery-powered motion-sensitive LED Stick-Anywhere Nightlight can be used on stairs, bathrooms, cupboards, kitchen and corridors. The Human Charger Light Therapy Device increases energy levels and helps you get a good, long-lasting sleep.
- Automatic pill dispensers keep you on schedule for medication; there are many options available.
- iGuardStove and FireAvert are automatic stove valves to prevent a fire or burnt pan from boiling unattended or forgotten, saving lives and property.
Remember to make your environment simple and intuitive by limiting choices to increase independence and self-confidence. Technology allows you to stay home, safe and without danger without being overwhelmed when you have too many options.
Plan and plant your seeds for your own personal self-determined harvest before you need it. You can and must determine what is best for you today, so that you do not have to deal with accidents and crises in the future.
Lisa Cini is an award-winning senior living designer, President / CEO, Mosaic Design Studio and author of The Future is Here: Senior Living Re-proposed and Hive describing the four generations of her family living under the same roof in her own house. Lisa & # 39; s website BestLivingTech.com offers technical products that help seniors to age and live independently.
Note: If you shop on Amazon via the Amazon Smile website (which has the same products and features as the regular Amazon site), the Amazon Smile Foundation will receive 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible donate upcoming products to help Older Adults Technology Services / Senior Planet keep us all older from attitude! You will see eligible products marked "Suitable for Amazon Smile Donation" on their product detail pages ̵