Sorry, Galaxys S11–19, Samsung is jumping directly to Galaxy S20 this year. They also deal with essentially three basic models before taking niche variants into account. Of these three models, it is clear which is the best: the Galaxy S20 Ultra.
We have collected all the specifications we can find about this upcoming mega-flagship, and with an announcement date around the corner, that is actually all specifications at this point. We will also provide contextual background information about the various internal components and our confidence in the various rumors about the source. So if you are interested in a specific aspect, use one of the links below to jump ahead.
Go to a section: Striking features | Dates | Storage Price | Body | Basics | Software Skin | View | Performance Battery | Front camera | Reversing camera Audio | Media formats Sensors Connectivity Security Box contains
The Galaxy S20 Ultra will probably be the best smartphone on the market until the Galaxy Note 20 is released in August 2020. It has a 1
The Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra is announced in San Francisco on 11 February 2020 , in addition to the Galaxy S20 and S20 + and the Galaxy Z Flip. Preorders must start the day after the announcement, with most rumors indicating a shipping date of March 6.
- Release Date: March 6, 2020
- Pre-Order Date: February 12, 2020
- Announcement Date: February 11, 2020
All three Galaxy S20 phones start with 128 GB internal storage. As you would expect from the Ultra variant, the S20 Ultra also offers the only one that offers 512 GB of internal storage. All three will use the UFS 3.0 standard and will be faster than other phones that use the standard, thanks to Samsung's use of the F2FS file system. Support for MicroSD cards is on board and supports up to 2 TB expandable storage (although the largest available microSD card is currently 1 TB).
- Available storage: 128 GB, 256 GB, 512 GB
- Specification: UFS 3.0
- Expandable storage: no
Price for everything
The price seems extreme be competitive, since the Galaxy S20 Ultra contains more improvements than a typical year-to-year upgrade. Rumors are that it will be priced at $ 1300, just below the Galaxy Z Flip.
- Price: from $ 1,300
The Galaxy S20 Ultra uses glass on both the front and back. of the phone, protected by Gorilla Glass 6. The frame must again be aluminum, which minimizes weight and remains durable for most drops.
- Frame: aluminum, glass (Gorilla Glass 6)
- Finish: gray
Thanks to shrinking edges, the Galaxy S20 Ultra can display a huge screen (6.9 inch) in a phone with one hand. Rumor has it that the Galaxy S20 Ultra is 6.57 by 2.99 inches and despite the huge battery, it manages to keep its thickness at 0.35 inches. There is no reason to believe that it will no longer have an IP68 rating. What is in question is whether it is limited to 1.5 meters of water or whether Samsung will go higher to match the iPhone 11.
- Height: 6.57 inch
- Width: 2.99 inch
- Depth: 0.35 inch
- Weight: 7.8 ounches  Dust / water resistance: IP68 under IEC standard 60529
- Supported carriers: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint
- Infrared blaster: no
On top of Android 10, one UI is running 2. The latest upgrade from Samsung adds darker mode to more apps and shrinks parts of the user interface to make it more accessible, especially with the larger screen. It is not a huge upgrade (on the side of Samsung), but with the addition of the features of Android 10, there is more than enough reason to get excited.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra has a 6.9-inch Dynamic AMOLED Screen. It uses a perforation hole for the front camera, which is located at the top of the screen in the middle. It has a resolution of 3200 x 1440 for an impressive pixel density of 506 ppi. There is also support for HDR10 and HDR10 +. The display of the headliner will, however, be the refresh rate of 120 Hz. This will be a first for smartphones' OLED screens and should lead to impeccably sharp animations and scrolling.
One thing we do not know is the touch sample rate, which is usually set higher than the refresh rate. This technique was popularized by Apple, which adds a 120 Hz touch frequency to their 60 Hz display, so that touches are registered faster to speed up animations.
- Screen size: 6.9 inch
- Screen resolution: 3200 x 1440 pixels
- Total number of pixels: 4,480,000 pixels
- Pixel density: 506 ppi
- Screen type : Dynamic AMOLED
- HDR: HDR10 / 10 +  Notch: no
- Punch hole: yes
- Screen-body ratio: Unknown  Aspect Ratio: 20: 9
- Minimum Brightness: Unknown
- Maximum Brightness: Minimum 1000 Nits
- Refresh Rate: 120 Hz (Unknown Hz for touch sensitivity)
- Color Temp: Unknown
- Color Range: Unknown
The Galaxy S20 Ultra is powered by the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 865. This SoC offers a 20% higher CPU performance and a increase of the GPU by 17-20%. It uses the same tri-cluster core configuration with one gold core clocked higher than three other gold cores (for a total of four), paired with four silver cores.
The "base model" Ultra has 12 GB of RAM, but a higher-level model will be available with 16 GB. Anyway, it is LPDDR5X RAM, the latest standard for mobile phones that has a higher transfer rate than its predecessor and uses less power.
- Memory: 12 GB or 16 GB LPDDR5X
- Processor: Qualcomm Leeuwenbek 865
- Chip size: 7 nanometer
- CPU frequency: 2.84 GHz ( 1x A77), 2.42 GHz (3x A77) and 1.8 GHz (4x A55)
- CPU cores: 8 cores (1 + 3 gold cores, 4 silver cores)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- GPU frequency: 587 MHz
at 5,000 mAh, the Galaxy S20 Ultra has the largest battery that Samsung has ever used in its flagship. It also supports Super Fast Charging 2.0, although it comes with a 25 W charger in the box, so you must purchase the 45 W charger separately ( $ 49.99 on Amazon). It also has Fast Wireless Charging 2.0 and support for PowerShare, the marketing name for reverse wireless charging.
- Battery: rechargeable lithium ion
- Capacity: 5,000 mAh, 3.86 volt (19.3 watt) hour)
- Wired charging: yes, Super Fast Charging 2.0 25 W (in the box), up to 45 W
- Wireless charging: yes, Fast Wireless Charging 2.0 (15 W)  Backward wireless charging: yes, PowerShare
Camera on the front
Unlike the Galaxy S20 and S20 +, the Galaxy S20 Ultra uses a new 40 MP wide-angle camera on the front. 4K shots at 60 fps also return.
- Resolution: 40 MP
- Aperture: Unknown
- Zoom: Unknown
- Flash: yes, screen flash
- Image stabilization: yes, EIS
- RAW support: yes
- Object detection: yes, face
- Formats: JPEG, RAW
The Galaxy S20 Ultra has a primary 108 MP camera that will effectively be 12 MP. This is because it uses pixel binning to combine data from nine adjacent pixels to effectively increase the pixel size from 0.8 µm to 2.4 µm, one of the largest on a smartphone, which will significantly improve low-light photography.
rumors, Samsung will also include a 48 MP sensor with a periscope lens capable of 10x optical zoom. Apparently it can only really zoom in up to 5x and will use the pixel cropping to reach 10x ( similar to how OnePlus 7 Pro achieved 3x optical zoom). This lens is also suitable for 100x digital zoom, also called "Space Zoom".
Finally, the rear camera is rounded off to a 12 MP sensor with an ultra-wide lens and a Time of Flight (ToF) camera. The first is the Samsung ISOCELL S5K2LA and we think it has a pixel size of 1.4 µm and a sensor size of 1 / 2.55 ".
- Resolution: 108 MP (12 MP when using pixel binning), 48 MP (telefoto), 12 MP (ultra-wide)
- Sensor size: 0.8 / 2.4 µm (primary), Unknown (ultra-wide), 1.4 µm (telefoto)
- Aperture: Unknown (primary), Unknown ( ultra-wide), Unknown (telefoto)
- Zoom: 10x optical, 100x digital
- Flash: High CRI LED
- Image stabilization: yes, OIS + EIS (primary and telefoto)
- RAW support: yes
- Lens cap: sapphire glass
- Object detection: yes, food, faces
- Formats: JPEG, RAW
Regarding video, a judgment of the 108 MP Samsung ISOCELL Bright HM1 is the upgrade to capture 8K video (at 30 fps). The Snapdragon 865 can process video recordings at this size, so the process should look very much like recording video with a lower resolution. And unlike in recent years, the SoC supports native super slow motion recording, which means that you can record much longer at 960 fps. We also expect HDR10 + video recording to yield a return. Resolution: 720p, 1080p, 4K and 8K
Let the right begin what you care about – the headphone jack is lost It seems that no dongle is included, although AKG-matched USB-C earbuds must be in the box.
- 3.5 mm headphone jack: no
- Stereo speakers: yes, top firing and firing
- Microphones: 3
- Max speaker volume: Unknown
We have not heard anything about changes to media format support at this time, so we assume it will be the same as its predecessor.
- Audio: MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA, APE, DSF, DFF
- Video: MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM
We think the sensors will be roughly the same as the Galaxy S10 series.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, RGB ambient light sensor, barometer, gyro sensor, geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor, proximity sensor
The Galaxy Note 10+ was the first Samsung device to support dual-frequency GPS in the US so we fully expect that the same function will find its way to all three S20 series phones.
- GPS: yes, L1 + L5
- aGPS: yes  Glonass: yes, L1
- BeiDou: yes, B1
- Galileo: yes, E1 + E5a
- QZSS: no
Connectivity  Wi-Fi 6 must be available on the Galaxy S20 Ultra. We know it uses Bluetooth 5.1, a small upgrade that adds better location, faster connection initiation with less power, and improvements in the way Bluetooth devices announce their availability. It could include eSIM support, but we have not heard of this change.
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac / ax
- Bluetooth: 5.1  NFC: yes
- Mobile: nano- SIM
- Port: USB Type-C
For cellular bands, Qualcomm forces OEMs to purchase the separate 5G modem with every purchase of the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865. While the other models have 4G- and have 5G variants (overseas), the Galaxy S20 Ultra will only be available with 5G support.
- GSM: 850/1900
- UMTS: 850/1700 / 1900
- CDMA: BC0, BC10
- LTE bands: 2/4/5/7/12/13/14/25/26 / 30/38/41/48/66/71
- 5G Non-Standalone (NSA), Sub6 / mmWave
There is a rumor that Samsung is adopting safe face recognition using a ToF -sensor. We are a bit skeptical, but there is a chance that this will come to fruition. The other option is to use an ultrasonic fingerprint scanner.
- Fingerprint scanner: no
- Face scanner: yes, ToF sensor (secured)
- Iris scanner: no  Manual authentication: password, pin code, pattern , swipe
We expect that Samsung will contain the 25 W Super Fast Charging adapter. USB-C AKG earbuds are also included to help users who no longer have access to a headphone jack.
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra
- Samsung USB Type-C cable
- Samsung power adapter (25W)  USB-C earphone sound by AKG
- SIM drawer ejection
- Pattern cover  Quick start guide
- Protective film
The Galaxy S20 Ultra (together with the S20 +) comes with free Galaxy Buds + for anyone who pre-orders the phone. The successor to the Galaxy Buds will double the battery runtime to around 12 hours after a single charge and contains adaptive sound insulation but no noise suppression like earlier rumors. They sell $ 149 for those who do not pre-order or order the Galaxy S20 in advance. The Galaxy Buds + come in three colors: black, white and sky blue.