قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Tips and Tricks / Save an extra 5% at over 150 stores with the Slide cashback app

Save an extra 5% at over 150 stores with the Slide cashback app



008-cash-stimulus-bill-help-americans-poverty-last-dollar-torn-election

There is another way to get a refund when you shop online and in stores.

Sarah Tew / CNET

I try to use at least one money back tool wherever I shop. That includes not only a cash back credit card, but also some type of service that provides additional savings. Recently I found a pretty good one: Slide, a relatively new money back service that can save you as much as 5% per transaction. It works with more than 150 retail and online stores, including Apple, eBay, Instacart, Lowe’s and Petco.

To get started with Slide, you first link a payment method – Apple Pay, PayPal, credit or debit card – to the Slide app. When you’re ready to make a purchase, use Slide to purchase a gift card for the amount you need. You then pay for the item or items with the gift card.

Doing so will give you a 4% money back. However, if you add money before that process, Slide will immediately give you 1% back, effectively bringing your total savings to 5%.

So let’s use Apple as an example. Suppose you have decided to buy an unlocked iPhone SE for $ 399Here’s how you would do that with Slide:

  • Go to the Apple site (or even a physical Apple Store) and add the iPhone to your cart. Continue until checkout, where you will see the total price (including VAT).
  • In the Slide app, search for Apple and choose Apple Gift Card.
  • Enter the total purchase amount, in this case $ 399 plus tax. (Note that Slide doesn’t allow Apple Gift Card purchases over $ 500, so if you’re buying something more expensive, you may have to do multiple cards.)
  • Slide instantly generates a digital gift card. Now just use that card to make your purchase. Done!

Of course, this is a bit different from traditional cashback tools like Dosh (which links directly to your credit card) and Rakuten (which tracks your purchases). For starters, you get a flat rate of 4% back at each store, or 5% if you’ve added money in advance. Second, you can easily double dip if your linked payment method offers its own rewards.

read more Surprising ways to get a refund without even trying, from your credit card and more

For example, if your credit card gives you 2% back at restaurants and you use Slide for a meal at Chipotle, for example, you will get an additional 4% (or 5%) on top of that.

However, keep in mind that if you need to return something (like the aforementioned iPhone), you can’t get a refund on the gift card itself. Be sure to read Slide’s help desk page about returns and refunds. I’ve also found that while the gift card purchase process is quite quick and painless, I usually don’t bother making small purchases. To me, it’s not worth saving 50 cents on a $ 10 pizza.

But I was really happy to have Slide in my pocket for a recent larger ticket item that I bought at Lowe’s. If you can save $ 10, $ 15, or something like that with a few taps, that feels pretty good.

Would you like to know more about the service? We interviewed Jay Klauminzer, CEO of the company in this episode of the Cheapskate Show podcast, embedded below.

read more The best cash back services for 2021


CNET’s Cheapskate scans the web for great deals on tech products and a whole lot more. Follow him on Facebook and Twitter for the latest offers and updates. You can also sign up for deal texts delivered directly to your phone. Find more great purchases on the CNET Deals page and check out our CNET Coupons page for the latest Walmart discount codes, eBay coupons, Samsung promo codes and even more from hundreds of other online stores. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Answers to our lives FAQ page




Source link