Credit: C. Scott Brown / Android Authority
So you have a new Fitbit. Fitness trackers can be great for measuring progress and optimizing your training schedule as you begin your fitness journey. But for that you have to pair and set up your Fitbit with your phone. Whether it’s the latest Sense, Versa 3 or Charge 4, the steps are basically the same. Here’s a guide to setting up Fitbit devices to get you up and running in no time!
How to download the Fitbit app on your phone
- On your phone, go to the Google Play Store.
- Search for the Fitbit app.
- Tap the install button just like any other app.
Create a Fitbit account
- Open the Fitbit app and sign in.
- If you’re new to the Fitbit ecosystem, tap Join Fitbit to create a new account.
- Select the fitness tracker you are setting up; we install the Fitbit Versa 2 in this example. On the next screen, tap the ‘Set up your Fitbit Versa 2’ button (or whatever device you’ve selected) to continue with the registration process.
- Enter your email address and a unique password.
- Tap “I Agree” to continue.
- You now need to enter your personal information so that the tracker can provide more accurate analytics. When you’re done, tap ‘Create an account’.
How to pair a Fitbit
- Fitbit recommends that you charge your fitness tracker during the setup process. Keep tapping Next.
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on on your phone. Your Fitbit displays a four-digit code. Enter that in the app to continue.
- Depending on the tracker you are using, you may be prompted to connect your watch to Wi-Fi.
- Tap “Next” and the app will search for the latest firmware version for your fitness tracker. This can take a while.
How to sync your Fitbit
- Once the update is complete, you will be guided through some basic steps for using your Fitbit.
- The next step is to pair the Fitbit app with your fitness tracker.
- The app regularly syncs with your tracker to update the latest statistics.
- If you want to force sync with your tracker, you can do this by pulling down the home screen in the app.
That is it! You are now ready to track your fitness stats and work on your fitness goals. If you have any questions about setting up Fitbit devices, let us know in the comments.
The next: The most common Fitbit problems and how to fix them