Google's video website would not be complete without all kinds of useful buttons and hidden commands that are not immediately clear. Use this keyboard shortcut cheat sheet to quickly navigate YouTube and gain more control over your video browsing experience.
YouTube's built-in keyboard shortcuts work for any operating system, including Windows, Mac, Linux and Chrome OS. Unfortunately they cannot be adjusted.
- Rewind 1
- Fast Forward 10 Seconds: L
- Play / Pause: K (or Space unless a button is highlighted)
- Go to next frame (while paused):
- Go to previous frame (while paused): .
- Go to Start: Home or 0
- Go to End: End
- Go to 10-90%: 1-9
- Mute / unmute: M
- Raise Volume (in full screen or when video is in focus ): higher
- lower volume (in full screen or when video is in focus ): slower
- speed Up playback speed: >
- Slowed playback speed: <
- Activate the highlighted button: Space
- Move between H1 headers : Shift + 1
- Go to YouTube search bar: /
- Go to pre vious Video in playlist: Shift + P
- Go to next video in playlist: Shift + N
- Toggle Full Screen: F (Esc also exits full screen mode)
- Toggle subtitles and subtitles: [1 9459011] C
- Start Miniplayer: I
- Show Shortcuts: Shift +?
Many modern keyboards come with media buttons for rewind, fast forward and pause your content. YouTube is built to work with all of these media keys, but your mileage may vary depending on the browser, operating system, and keyboard you're using.