Rather than waiting for email responses, you can use Slack Connect to set up special channels, send messages, book meetings, and share files. Not only does the feature simplify communication, but it also reduces your team’s exposure to email phishing and spam risks, Slack says.
If you’re already using Slack at work, you may have noticed the new addition, which appears in the left pane when you open the Slack desktop app. The Slack Connect option has a little white bubble next to it that says NewIf you click on Slack Connect, the app will give you a quick overview of how the new feature works. However, if you’re not interested in using the feature, or are afraid of accidentally activating it, don’t worry – you don’t need to, you can mute or leave groups.
Get started with Slack Connect
1. Click Slack Connect and click Create a channel
2. Name your channel.
3. Add an optional description of the channel.
4. Choose whether to make the channel private or public. (Note that once you make a channel private, you cannot switch back to public.)
5. Make sure the small box that says Share Outside (here your company name) is checked.
6. Click on The next, and you can automatically start sending invitations by entering email addresses for people outside or within your organization. Add a short message if desired and click Send
7. Slack Connect will confirm that the invitation has been sent and let you know that the people you invited must accept to join.
From there, people you added will receive your invitation in their email inbox. The invitation expires after 14 days. If the people you’ve invited accept this, they should follow the prompts to log in to their own Slack account (or create an account if necessary). Also, according to Slack, your settings may require administrator approval to continue.
How to stop using Slack Connect
If you no longer need the channel, you can mute it in Slack Channel Details (click the little “i” in the top right corner of Slack), or exit – just go to the “i”, click the three dots for Morethen click Leave group
Another feature, called Connect DMs, should be coming to Slack soon, allowing different companies to work together to create a private business network with dedicated directories and channel recognition.
Look for more informationand