Online games are a huge help to keep you entertained during a quarantine, but they can do more than just distract you. As we age, playing certain games can help us cognitively … and research may even improve our mood and sense of well-being.
To keep it simple, we looked for games that you can play online for free without downloading any software. We've found some good ones on sites that don't (always) bombard you with ads, but read on before clicking links.
Playing Online Games Safely
Most sites will ask you to create an account to use your email before letting you play a free game. Do not use your existing email address. Instead, create a new one that you use only for online gaming ̵
- Never click on an ad or download anything from a game site to your computer; If the game produces a pop-up window that says, for example, you need to download Flash to play, it could be malware. Do not download any "Flash" update from any of these sites, do not download it directly from Adobe.
- Do not give any personal information about yourself to another gamer, including your last name, age or location.
- If a game site asks you to create an account, create a username that keeps your identity anonymous and create a secure password of 12 (or more) characters that you use only for gaming. Never use the same password you use to log into your email or an online bank account.
- Please note that some free games allow you to play for free until you reach a certain level and then require payment to continue the game.
- Pogo.com offers a variety of online games including chess, scrabble, card games, word games and puzzles. To keep track of your scores on the site, you must register. If you have an account you can also use the social features of the site: you can play against other members, participate in forums and & # 39; chat & # 39; with friends while you play. You can play for free, but be prepared to see advertisements; you have to pay to get an ad-free experience. Still, it's a good place for many different free games – the Scrabble is addictive. Click here to visit Pogo
- Tetris is another site with a variety of arcade style games, word games and puzzle games. To play you must log in with your Facebook account to save games and share them with your friends. Click here to visit Tetris.
- Mahjong offers free Mahjongg and Mahjong games such as Mahjong Fortuna, Mahjong Solitaire, Connect, Mahjongg 3D, Mahjongg Dimensions and Towers. The games are playable on desktop, tablet and mobile (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile). Click here to visit Mahjong games.