Imagine: you wake up in the middle of the night and check your phone. You may want to check the time (after all, your telephone is your alarm clock) or see if that person has ever responded to your message. Double-tap or lift to activate it and the screen lights up. You shrink in the bright light and close your eyes. It takes a few moments to adjust, even if the brightness of your screen is as low as possible.
Use a regular black background for your lock screen only … you can still keep your regular background on your home screen.
Fortunately, there is an easy way to avoid the blinding light: just use a solid black wallpaper for just your lock screen. You can save your eyes from the annoying scenario described and you can still keep your normal background on your home screen.
Save the completely black image below on your device and follow the instructions below for iOS or Android to set your new wallpaper for lock screen only. Note that some terms may differ slightly between models and devices, but the steps must still be the same.
- Navigate to the black image in your Photo & # 39; s app and open it part sheet.
- Select "Use as background" to preview, and then tap "Set"
- Select "Set Lock Screen" from the options provided to set the image as the background of your lock screen.
- Continue to touch a blank area of your home screen and then select "Backgrounds"
- Choose your gallery app and find the image you saved above.
- Select "Lock screen" and confirm with "Set as wallpaper" to set your lock screen to the completely black image.
Now you can enjoy your phone overnight without worrying about the intense bright light from your lock screen!