Emoji & # 39; s may seem frivolous, but together with GIF & # 39; s they have become an important way in which people express themselves in conversations via text and social media. They have also entered the realm of daily culture with emoji shirts, pillows and even a movie available.
Here's how to change your Mac desktop folder icons to emoji (these steps were also captured in a Tik Tok video, from all places):
1. Create a folder on your desktop by clicking on File > New folder .
2. Perform a Google Image search for the desired emoji (i.e., "heart emoji" or "star emoji").
3. Drag the desired image to your desktop.
4. Double click on the image to open it in Preview.
5. To make the image transparent, press the markup icon (it looks like a magic wand), click on the background of the image so that a moving overview appears around it and click on Edit > Cut .
6. Click the markup icon again and click and drag a box around the emoji.
7. Click on edit, select all. Press Command + C .
8. Return to the original folder that you created on your desktop and right click on it.
9. Click on Get info .
10. Click on the blue folder icon in the screen that appears and press Command + V . You should see your emoji appear.
You can also delete the text under the folder and replace it with an empty space to show only emoji on your desktop, without labels.
For more information, view 10 Mac apps that everyone should use.