CITY OF UPSC EXAM
Prelims has two papers consisting of objective type questions that have 400 marks. It is the first and a qualified stage. The marks score in this is not added to your final result. Check out the syllabus here.
UPSC Prelims Syllabus
Syllabus for GS Paper (Prelims Paper I)
- Current events of national and international importance.
- India and Indian National Movement History.
- Indian and World Geography Physics,
- Indian Politics and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Order, Rights, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Integration, Demography, Social Initiatives etc.
- General Questions on Environmental Ecology, Biodiversity and Climate Change – which do not require subject specialization General Science
Syllabus for CSAT Paper (Prelims Paper II)
- Interpersonal Skills Including Communication Skills
- Logical Reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic speech ability (number of s and their relationships, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (diagrams, diagrams, tables, data supply etc. – Class X level)
There are two types of paper qualification and paper for merit education. Qualifying papers consist of two language tests – one of which is English and the other is according to the candidate's choice. The paper for merit formation has 7 tests of 250 points each.
UPSC Mains Syllabus
|Paper – I||Essay (may be written while being of the candidate's choice)||250|
|Paper – II||250|
|Paper – II||General Studies – In (Indian Culture and History, History and Geography in the World and Society)||250|
|Paper – III||General Studies – II (Governance, Constitution, Politics, Social Justice and International Relations)  250|
|Paper – IV||General Studies – III (Technology, Economic Development, Biodiversity, Security and Disaster Management)||250|
|Paper – V||General Studies – IV Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude ]||250|
|Paper – VI||Optional Subject – Paper I||250|
|Paper – VII||Optional Subject – Paper II|
UPSC's curriculum provides a list of 48 electives topics that include literature of different languages. Candidates must select one of the "Optional Substances" from the list of substances listed below: Optional Substances:
|Animal and Veterinary Science||Assamese (Literature) 19659026] Anthropology  Bengali (Literature)|
|Trade and accounting||Hindi ( literature)|
|Electrical Engineering||Kashmiri (Literature)|
|Geology||Maithili Literature||History  Malayalam (Literature)|
|Mechanical Engineering||Odia (Literature )|
|Medical Science  Punjabi (Literature)|
|Political Science and International Relations||Sindhi (Literature)|
|Psychology||Tamil ( Literature|
|Public Administration||Telugu (Literature)|