It’s hard to keep up with all the streaming services available today. Paramount + is a name that may not be as well known as other brands. What does Paramount + have to offer, is it worth another subscription and will it replace CBS All Access?
Paramount + is the culmination of the CBS and Viacom merger in 201
RELATED: What’s the difference between Paramount + and CBS All Access?
What TV shows and movies are available on Paramount +?
Unlike some other streaming services, such as NBC’s Peacock, Paramout + is not just one network. It has a huge library of content from various TV channels, some of which you might be surprised to find:
- CBS television, including live broadcasts from local affiliates
- CBS Sports productions, including some live events
- The Paramount Movies Catalog (approximately 1,000 at launch)
- Comedy Central
- The Smithsonian Channel
TV shows and movies from some of these networks were available on CBS All Access, but it will all be available in one place with Paramount +.
Paramount + will also be home to some movies shortly after they hit theaters. At the time of writing, Paramount has announced that M.issue: impossible 7 A quiet place 2 Top Gun: Maverick, and 007 No time to die will be available 45 days after their theatrical release.
Will Paramount + have original shows and movies?
Another important feature of streaming services is original content, shows, and full-length films that are created especially for the service and cannot be viewed anywhere else. Paramount + will have enough of that too.
Here’s some of the original programming coming to Paramount +, excluding originals previously launched on CBS All Access:
- Three new Star Trek series: Strange new worlds and Section 31, and an animated show for children, Child prodigy
- The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run, a new animated movie available on the day of launch (previously unavailable in the US).
- Camp Koral: SpongeBob’s Under Years, an animated prequel series.
- 8 fights, a documentary series about Muhammad Ali.
- A reboot of iCarly.
- A new Flashdance TV series.
- For heaven’s sake, a comedy series about true crimes.
- A reboot of The game series of BET.
- Girls with guns, a new series from Ridley Scott.
- Bold: Rise of the Pink Ladies, a historical comedy.
- Guilty party, a dark comedy series.
- Happy face, a thriller show.
- The Harper House, an animated comedy series.
- Lioness, a thriller series.
- The Man Who Fell to Earth, a sci-fi series based on a classic novel.
- Mercy House, adapted from a thriller novel.
- MTV’s Behind the Music: The Top 40.
- The multivorce, an animated sci-fi comedy.
- The offer, a drama miniseries.
- The Real Criminal Minds, a documentary series about true crimes.
- Remote, a comedy at work.
- Twenty four seven, a thriller series.
- J: 1883, a prequel to Yellowstone.
- You’re killing me, a supernatural comedy drama.
- A reboot of Frasier
- Halo, a series based on Xbox video games.
How much does Paramount + costs?
In the hyper-competitive landscape of streaming services, pricing is very important. So how much does Paramount + cost? The ad-supported plan is actually $ 1 cheaper than CBS All Access:
- $ 4.99 per month with ads.
- $ 9.99 per month without ads.
The company also plans to offer premium bundles with content from networks such as Showtime. Prices may differ per country.
RELATED: Paramount + may cost less than CBS All Access, but there’s a better deal
How can I watch Paramount +?
The CBS All Access app will be rebranded as the Paramount + app when the service launches on March 4, 2021. The app is available for:
- iPhone and iPad
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV, Fire tablets
- Android TV / Google TV
- Play station
- Portal TV
- Smart TV platforms from Samsung, LG, Vizio and Xfinity
Paramount + can also be streamed through its website in a web browser on Windows 10, Mac, Chromebooks and Linux.
When will Paramount + be available?
Finally, Paramount + will be available on March 4, 2021 in the US, Canada and Latin America. The service will have a Scandinavian launch a few weeks later, and will arrive in Australia later in 2021.
RELATED: The cheapest way to stream TV: rotate your subscriptions