One of the key features of mostspeakers is the light ring ̵
$ 230 at Amazon
)displays the lightbar.
When you wake up the speaker by & # 39; Alexa & # 39; to say, the light turns blue and swirls around while Alexa processes your.
This light ring also serves as a status indicator and also as a notification lamp. Sometimes the ring of the Echo or the bar of the Show lights up with different colors, all of which mean something important.
This is what those colors mean.
Waiting for you …
Usually the light ring stays off. If the device is connected and no lights are on, it means that the speaker is active and waiting for you to speak the keyword. When you communicate with Alexa, you see white and different shades of blue.
- If you speak the wake word or activate Alexa manually, the light ring turns solid blue and a small part of the cyan points in the direction of the speaker.
- Solid blue with cyan turning after you have given a command, Alexa means that your request is being processed. This also happens when the speaker is switched on.
- Alternately blue and cyan when Alexa responds to an assignment or question.
- The light ring shows the volume percentage in white when you turn the light ring on the Amazon Echo or the first generation manually, push the volume up or down on the or tell Alexa to adjust the volume.
To be sure …
The light ring also indicates whether there are problems with Alexa. Status indicators are red, purple or orange.
Something to share …
Now that Alexa lets you send messages and call, Amazon has introduced two new notification colors: green and yellow.
- A pulsing green light indicates an incoming call.
- A revolving green light means that you are currently talking.
- A pulsing yellow light tells you that you have messages in your inbox. You can say: "Play my messages" or "Check my notifications" for more information.
The show continues …
Unlike the smart speakers of Amazon Echo, the Echo Show benefits from a full screen. But the device still uses similar light signals as its speaker counterparts and they appear at the bottom of the screen in a thin band. Here are the color meanings:
- A solid blue band with a cyan stain indicating the direction of the speaker appears when you speak the wake word.
- A solid red band means that the microphone and camera are turned off. After a few seconds the light goes out, leaving a microphone / camera off symbol in the upper right corner of the screen.
- An orange band means that your Echo Show experiences network connectivity numbers
- A band of violet means that you have set the Echo Show to Do Not Disturb mode. After a few seconds the light goes out, leaving a crescent moon in the upper right corner of the screen.