WhatsApp, owned by Facebook, now has fingerprint unlocking to open the app on Android phones. That followsusers in February and offers additional security for everyone using the app, as previously reported by The Verge on Thursday.
Here's how the extra authentication.
- First go to your WhatsApp settings in the upper right corner of the app where the three vertical dots are.
- Tap account and then privacy.
- At the bottom of the privacy setting, find & # 39; fingerprint lock & # 39 ;. Tap on it and enable "unlock with fingerprint".
- You will then be asked to verify your identity by entering the registered fingerprint to unlock your Android phone.
- You can then select when WhatsApp is automatically locked ̵
You can still answer calls via WhatsApp if the app is locked.
You can also viewand .