Tracking your stimulus check through the US Post is also helpful if you. A word of warning: if you prefer to file with the IRS, you must do so before noon on Wednesday, May 13. ET, or else a paper check is your only option.
Tracking your email starts with a free US Postal Service app and a service known as Informed Delivery, which can notify you when your check is coming.
Read more :
Get Eligible for Informed Delivery
When the USPS passes mail through its automated mail sorting equipment, it creates a digital image of the front of all letterbox mail, including your stimulus check. The Informed Delivery program uses this digitally recorded information to notify you when each piece of mail is on its way.
The service is available for many private and personal mailbox addresses, but not for companies. It will also not work for some multi-unit buildings where the postal service has not yet identified each unit.
Here's how to check if it's available in your area:
1. Go to the informed delivery service page and tap the button Register for free .
2. Enter your mailing address and tap Continue .
If the service is available, you can continue to create an account.
Set up the Informed Delivery Service
If you are eligible, you can set up your account as follows.
1. If you have not already done so, on the Informed Delivery Service page, tap Sign up for free .
2. After entering your postal address and confirming that it is in the service, accept the terms and then tap Continue .
3. On the next page, choose your username, password and security questions; enter your contact details; and then tap Continue .
4. On the next page you need to verify your identity. Tap Verify identity online if you want to receive a verification code on your phone or tap Request invitation code by mail if you want the mail to mail you a code. If neither method works for you, you may also be able to visit a post office to personally verify your identity.
How to See What You Receive by Mail
The IRS said it may take three business days for your account to be activated after you set it up. Once it's live, you'll receive an email every morning Monday through Saturday if an email is scheduled to notify you of the mail to be delivered, along with a grayscale image of the front of the letter.
You can also use the free Android and iPhone Informed Delivery app to be notified.
For more information about ordering and receiving packages during theyou can find and .
Uplifting scenes of coronavirus solidarity around the world