As a way to discourageand theft, the envelope has subtle signs that it comes from the US Treasury (like an official seal). But instead of sneaking up on every mail truck or worrying it slipped through the cracks, sign up for a free USPS service that will help you keep track of when your or EIP card will arrive. It even tells you when your email has been delivered.
Although thecome faster this time, there’s also a catch: a . If you do not receive your payment in the mail shortly after that date, you must file a claim during tax season to receive your money. That’s called a , and it can be your We show you how to use the USPS service to track your stimulus check by mail.
What is the informed delivery service? Can you cancel it?
Informed Delivery is a free email tracking service from the USPS that automatically scans your letters and can alert you with an image each time a letter with your name on it is about to be delivered – including your second incentive payment.
Keep in mind that it will show you all of them your documents scanned by the post office, not just your incentive payment. Yes, you can cancel at any time.
How to See Every Piece of Postage the USPS Provides
It can take up to three business days to activate your account after you set it up. Once live, you will receive an email every morning, Monday through Saturday, if mail is scheduled to notify you of the mail that will be delivered, along with a grayscale image of the front of the letter. You can also use the free Android and iPhone Informed Delivery app to get notified.
How do I know if I will receive my second stimulus check by mail?
If you haven’t set it up yet, this is the most likely outcome, as long as you have . It’s not clear at this point whether the IRS will open its online tracking tool for new direct deposit registration. As of January 3, the tool has not yet been activated for .
Informed Delivery: Make sure you can sign up quickly
When the USPS passes mail through its automated mail sorting equipment, it creates a digital image of the front of all letter-size mail, including your stimulus check. The Informed Delivery program uses this digitally recorded information to notify you when each item is on its way.
The service is available to many private and private PO Boxes, but not businesses. Also, it will not work for some multi-unit buildings whose post has not yet identified every unit.
Here’s how to check if it’s available in your area:
1. Go to the Informed Delivery of the mail page and tap free sign-up button.
2. Enter your postal address and tap Continue.
If the service is available, you can create an account.
How to set up informed delivery to track your email
Setting up your account is easy.
1. From the Informed Delivery page of the postal service, tap free sign-up.
2. After entering your mailing address and confirming that it works with the service, you must accept the terms and conditions and tap Continue.
3. On the next page, choose your username, password and security questions. Then enter your contact information and tap Continue.
4. On the next page you need to verify your identity. Crane Verify identity online to receive a verification code on your phone or tap Request the invitation code by email if you want the post to send you a code. If neither method works, you may also have the option of visiting a post office to personally verify your identity.
For more, here’s how , what we know about a and how some of your rights are .