The service, called Informed Delivery, has some limitations, so you can start withusing the IRS online portal. This should give you an estimate of when your stimulus money will arrive. After that, Informed Delivery checks whether the check has actually been processed by the USPS and is on its way.
A word before you start. If you use the IRS online tracking tool, which is called Get My Payment (remember this is separate from the USPS service), there is a chance you might have problems such as a hard to distinguish error message or problems identifying who you are . If you do, here areand how you could get around it.
If you're starting to get nervous, here are. And if you hear chatter about another bill on economic relief, here's what we know about .
How do I know if I receive my stimulus check? the mail?
At the moment, you are more likely to receive your money by post than to your bank account. That's because thepassed on May 13.
The Federal Tax Agency said it is now focusing on sending postal payments through the post office – either as a paper check or as a prepaid debit card, called the economic impact payment or EIP card. Read on to track your payment envelope by mail.
Get Eligible for Informed Delivery
When the USPS passes mail through its automated mail sorting equipment, it creates a digital image of the front of all letters. format mail, and that includes your stimulus check. The Informed Delivery program uses this digitally recorded information to notify you when each piece of mail is on its way.
The service is available for many private and personal mailbox addresses, but not for businesses. It also does not work for some multi-unit buildings where the postal service has not yet identified each unit.
Here's how to check if it's available in your area:
1. Go to the Informed Postal Service Delivery page and tap the button Sign up for free .
2. Enter your mailing address and tap Continue .
If the service is available, you can continue to create an account.
Set up the Informed Delivery Service
If you are eligible, you can set up your account as follows.
1. On the Informed Delivery Service page, if you have not already done so, tap Sign up for free .
2. After entering your postal address and confirming it is in the service, accept the terms and then tap Continue .
3. On the next page, choose your username, password and security questions; enter your contact details; and then tap Continue .
4. On the next page you need to verify your identity. Tap Verify identity online if you want to receive a verification code on your phone or tap Request invitation code by mail if you want the mail to mail you a code. If neither method works for you, you may also be able to visit a post office to personally verify your identity.
How to See What Comes in by Mail
The IRS said it could take three business days for your account to be activated after you set it up. Once it's live, you'll receive an email every morning Monday through Saturday when mail is scheduled, with a notification of the mail being delivered, along with a grayscale image of the front of the letter.
You can also use the free Android and iPhone Informed Delivery app to be notified.
For more information about ordering and receiving packages during theyou can find and .