The way you tried to check your payment schedule, you now know that your stimulus money is coming – but not when. To see what day it will arrive, you can use the US Postal Service's mail tracking app and service, known as Informed Delivery, to be notified when your check arrives. (And here's what we know about.)
See if You Can Use Informed Delivery
When the Postal Service processes mail through its automated mail sorting equipment, creates a digital image of the front of all letterbox mail. The Informed Delivery program uses this digitally recorded information to notify you when each piece of mail is on its way.
The service is available for many residential and personal mailbox addresses, but not for businesses. It will also not work for some multi-unit buildings where the postal service has not yet identified each unit.
Here's how to check if it's available in your area.
1. Go to the Informed Delivery Service page and tap the Sign up for free button.
2. Enter your mailing address and tap Continue.
If the service is available, you can continue to create an account.
Set up the Informed Delivery Service
If you are eligible, you can set up your account as follows.
1. On the Informed Delivery Service page, if you have not already done so, tap Sign up for free .
2. After entering your postal address and confirming it is in the service, accept the terms and then tap Continue .
3. On the next page, choose your username, password and security questions; enter your contact details; and then tap Continue .
4. On the next page you need to verify your identity. Tap Verify identity online if you want to receive a verification code on your phone or tap Request invitation code by mail if you want the mail to mail you a code. If neither method works for you, you may also be able to visit a post office to personally verify your identity.
How to See What Comes in the Post
The IRS said it could take three business days for your account to be activated after you set it up. Once it's live, you'll receive an email every morning Monday through Saturday when mail is scheduled, with a notification of the mail being delivered, along with a grayscale image of the front of the letter.
You can also use the free Android and iPhone Informed Delivery app to be notified.
For more information about ordering and receiving packages during theyou can find and .
Uplifting scenes of coronavirus solidarity around the world