There are some restrictions on the USPS Informed Delivery service, so you may prefer to start trackingusing the online IRS tool. This should give you an estimate of the baseball field for when your check is due. The separate USPS tool checks whether the check has actually been processed by the postal service and is on the way. In addition, it will actually inform you on the day of the expected delivery.
A word before you start. When you first check your tracking status through the IRS online tracking tool, which is called Get My Payment (remember this is separate from the USPS service), chances are you're going to get issues like an error message that is hard to distinguish, or problems identifying who you are. If you do, here areand how you could get around it. And if you are chattering about another bill on economic relief, then what we know about .
Make Sure You Are Eligible For Informed Delivery
When the USPS mail passes through its automated mail sorting equipment, it creates a digital image of the front of all letterbox mail, including your stimulus check. The Informed Delivery program uses this digitally recorded information to keep you informed when each piece of mail is on its way.
The service is available for many private and personal mailbox addresses, but not for companies. It will also not work for some multi-unit buildings where the postal service has not yet identified each unit.
To check if it is available in your region:
1. Go to the Informed Delivery Service page and tap the button Register for Free .
2. Enter your mailing address and tap Continue .
If the service is available, you can continue to create an account.
Set up the Informed Delivery Service
If you are eligible, you can set up your account as follows.
1. On the Informed Delivery Service page, if you have not already done so, tap Register for Free .
2. After entering your postal address and confirming it is in the service, accept the terms and then tap Continue .
3. On the next page, choose your username, password and security questions; enter your contact details; and then tap Continue .
4. On the next page you need to verify your identity. Tap Verify identity online if you want to receive a verification code on your phone or tap Request invitation code by mail if you want the mail to mail you a code. If neither method works for you, you may also be able to visit a post office to personally verify your identity.
How to See What Comes in by Mail
The IRS said it may take three business days for your account to be activated after you set it up. Once it's live, you'll receive an email every morning Monday through Saturday if mail is scheduled to receive you, with an email delivered, along with a grayscale image of the front of the letter.
You can also use the free Android and iPhone Informed Delivery app to be notified.
For more information about ordering and receiving packages during theyou can find and .
Uplifting scenes of coronavirus solidarity around the world