Microsoft expects to release the Windows 1
Microsoft said in September. Now that the support of Microsoft encourages users to either to make it work smoothly and safely or to buy a new computer. Major updates to the operating system take place every six months, the most recent being the November 2019 update. Early reports from our sister site ZDNet are that the update – currently available as a preview release – takes 7 to 17 minutes to install.
This is what we know so far.
When will the Windows 10 April 2020 update be available?
For those in the Windows Insider program, the April 2020 update is available as a preview release for about a year. If the update follows the usual Microsoft schedule, the final version should be generally available early May.
If you now want to access the preview release, you can participate in the Windows 10 Insider Slow Ring and set the Stop retrieving builds option to On. (Allows you to use the current preview and prevent it from being replaced by future ones when they arrive.) Otherwise, you can wait until the general release of the update.
What new functions does version 20H1 contain?
According to Microsoft, Windows 10 version 2004 contains a number of changes for users, such as:
- Cortana: Microsoft says that Cortana is evolving towards a & # 39; personal productivity assistant & # 39; that can help you use Microsoft 365 apps. Cortana is disconnected from the taskbar, so you can move it or resize it like any other app. With an improved e-mail function you can use Cortana to create e-mails (for example you can say "Send an e-mail to Mary to let her know that I am late" or "Show me e-mails from Jeff "). With an improved agenda, you can do the same to create and request meetings. And with Windows you can use the assistant to open apps and adjust settings such as brightness.
- Search Home: Access to four quick searches in your Search Home for easier access: weather, top news, today in history and new movies.
- Kaomoji: Microsoft adds kaomoji – such as ¯ _ (ツ) _ / ¯ – to the shortcut key along with other emoji.
- Virtual Desktops: Change the name of your virtual desktops instead of getting stuck with system-issued names such as Desktop 1.
- Open Apps Automatically: Choose a setting to use Universal Windows Platform apps open automatically after you restart your machine.
Will earlier versions of Windows 10 still work?
Microsoft terminates support for Windows 10 1809 (also known as the October 2018 update) Home, Pro, Pro Education, and Pro for Workstations editions in May of this year. Support for Enterprise and Education editions will last until May 2021.
You can still use version 1809, but the loss of Microsoft support means you will no longer receive important security patches or other updates.
Do I need to update to version 20H1?
No. Microsoft recommends that you update, of course, but this is not mandatory unless you are about to reach an end date for the version that you are currently using. You can find more information about the update process on our sister site ZDNet.
To see which version of Windows 10 you have, go to Settings> System> About and go to Windows Specifications, where you will find the edition and version number.
If you have version 1903 (released in May 2019) and you want to keep it, you have until December 2020 before the support ends. And if you have version 1909 (released in November 2019), you must update until May 2021.
For more information, seeand .