You can also dim the lights in Windows 10 if you wantor reduce the strain on your eyes, or if you want what a darker color palette looks like Microsoft's operating system. (Although it appears that may not be that crucial for good sleep hygiene.)
You can make the dark mode the standard appearance of the Windows 10 operating system, because as well as for many Windows apps. However, some older Windows apps, such as Task Manager, will not take the change to dark.
To apply the dark mode to Windows 10 and its apps, follow the steps below.
Enable dark mode on Windows 10
How to apply a dark theme on Windows 10.
1. Open from the Start menu Settings .
2. Tap Personalization and then tap Colors in the left navigation pane.
3. Select the button Dark under the label Choose your standard Windows mode.
You may need to choose Custom from the Choose your color menu to see the dark mode selection.  Turn on dark mode for Windows 10 apps
To apply a darker color palette to Windows 10 apps, follow the steps below.
1. Open again from the Start menu Settings .
2. Tap Personalization and then tap Colors on the left.
3. Under the label Choose your default app mode, turn on the Dark button.
Again, you may have to choose Custom from the Choose your color menu to see the dark mode selection.
And if you want to apply the dark theme broadly – in Windows 10 and its apps – you can select Dark in the Choose your color menu.
Enable dark mode in individual Windows 10 apps
If an app does not adopt the dark theme after you enable it in the Windows 10 settings, you may need to adjust the individual preference of that app for the way to which the standard Windows theme is applied.
1. Go to where the app stores its appearance settings.
In the mail app, for example, tap the Settings gear in the bottom left corner and then tap Personalization on the right. In thetap the menu with three dots to the right of the menu bar, tap Settings and then tap Appearance .
2. Now check that the appearance of the app is set to the default theme of Windows 10.
For example, in Mail & # 39; s personalization settings, tap Use my Windows mode . In the Edge Appearance Settings, choose the Theme Menu System Standard .
For more, here areto protect your device and to customize Microsoft's operating system to suit.
Originally published last year.