The Windows Update November 1
Windows 10 is now onMicrosoft said in September. Major updates to the operating system take place every six months, the most recent being the May 2019 update (version 1903). The November 2019 update shares the same maintenance content as the May version, which means that the download must be faster. It uses the same processes for cumulative updates to deliver the function update.
This is what we know so far.
When will the Windows 10 November 2019 update be available?
The update is currently available for those in the Windows Insider program. This gives developers and technical enthusiasts early access to upcoming releases, so that they can test new functions and provide feedback. You can participate in the Windows Insider program with your Microsoft account or Azure Active Directory account.
For everyone, the update is likely to be available sometime in November, as the name suggests.
What new functions does it contain?
The following new features will be available for Windows 10 users, according to a Microsoft blog post:
- Third-party digital assistants can activate voice commands above the lock screen.
- You can create events directly from the Flyout menu on the taskbar, without having to open the Calendar app.
- In the Start menu, the navigation pane is expanded when you move your mouse over it, so that you get more information about each icon before you click.  Changes to notifications make them easier to configure and manage from an app or website directly in the notification, both as a banner and in the Action Center.
- In Explorer, the search box is made possible by Windows Search, to better integrate OneDrive content online.
- Narrator and other assistive technologies read and learn where the FN key is located on keyboards. It can see if the key is locked or unlocked.
According to the post, Microsoft has also made "general improvements to battery life and power efficiency for PCs with certain processors", although no other details are available.
Installing the update
If you are a member of the Windows Insider program, you can follow these steps to download the Windows 10 November 2019 update from the program's Release Preview ring with your PC:  1. Go to Settings> Update and security> Windows Insider program and click on the button Getting started .
2. Link your Microsoft account or Azure Active Directory account. This is the e-mail account that you used to register for the Windows Insider program.
3. Choose Fixes, apps and driver & # 39; s to join the Release Preview ring and receive the November 2019 update.
4. Confirm the legal affairs.
5. Press Restart now to ensure that your PC is now in the Ring Preview ring. Without restarting your PC, your PC will not be fully connected. A restart is required.
6. After restarting your PC, check your Windows Insider program settings again at Settings> Update & Security> Windows Insider program and ensure that "Release Preview" is displayed under "What pace do you want to get new builds?" ? "
7. If you go to Settings> Update and security> Windows Update and press the button Search for updates . Your PC should receive the November 2019 update.
If you are already a member of the Release Preview ring of the Windows Insider program, you can easily follow step 7 above.
If you are not a member of the Windows Insider program, you can download the November 2019 update from the Windows Update page under Settings when it is available.
Because the update comes as a small activation package, it takes only a few minutes to download and install, if you are already using Windows 10 version 1903, ZDNet reported. If you use version 1809 or earlier, it will take longer because you get the full feature update.
For more information about Windows 10 functions, refer to our manual for placing and receiving Android phone calls on your Windows PC and the best anti-virus protection of 2019 for Windows 10.
CNET can receive a commission from retail offers.