- You can now move your WhatsApp chat history to Telegram.
- The feature has been added to Telegram’s iOS app.
- It is still not available on Android.
Telegram introduced the new message history import tool on its iOS app yesterday. It was bundled with version 7.4 of the app. The update notes for the version are as follows:
Telegram soon released a new update with version number 7.4.1 that removed the listing of the migration tool. However, you can still import chats from WhatsApp.
How to Export WhatsApp Chats to Telegram
To transfer your WhatsApp chat history to Telegram, you need the latest versions of both apps. Once you have that, you can follow the steps below to import your chats from WhatsApp to Telegram.
Note that there is no way to batch import conversations. You need to move individual chats from WhatsApp to Telegram. That said, here are the steps that will help you with this.
- Open WhatsApp and tap the chat you want to export
- Go to the contact details menu and select “Export Chat”
- You will now see an option to see ‘Attach media’ or ‘Without media’
- Choose your preferred option
- Now choose Telegram from the share menu and select the contact you want to assign the imported chat to
- You will now see a prompt to import messages. Select “Import”
To learn more about Telegram and how it works, check out our dedicated guide here.