Not only does it provide you with a much larger screen than the Echo Show, but it can also be youron the TV screen. It also eliminates the need to use your Fire Stick remote to control the TV, as you can control everything with your voice. (Sorry, touchscreen and camera not included.)
Make sure your– you can do this manually or with automatic pairing. For example, if you ask Alexa to play a movie, you’ll be asked to confirm that you want to use your Alexa device to control your Fire TV. Once you’ve done this, you can say something like ‘Alexa, show me again’, which Alexa will show on the TV, instead of telling you again through the speaker.
You can also say “Alexa, scroll left / right” to navigate the screen. These are both features that you have never been able to use on the Fire TV before.
New Alexa commands for visual experiences on your Fire TV
- “Alexa, show me my calendar”
- Alexa, show me the front door camera
- “Alexa, show me my to-do list”
- Alexa, show me Louisville traffic
- “Alexa, show me my shopping list”
New ways to navigate your Fire TV hands-free
- “Alexa, go back” to go back to the previous screen
- “Alexa, go home”
- “Alexa, go to my watch list” while watching Prime Video ($ 9 at Amazon)
- “Alexa, find comedies” and choose a title by saying “Alexa, select # 3.”
In October, Amazon announced that it would release the new update in the coming weeks, so if you don’t see it yet, it may not have rolled out to your device. The new features will be available to use on all Fire TV devices, including Fire TV without an Alexa-compatible remote.
Check out more Amazon Echo tricks to try with your TV. Plus, here are and .