Adding pronouns and avoiding automatic use of binary gender has been a major initiative for a number of tech companies, including, and . Op Zoom is super easy to do and only takes a few minutes.
There are two ways to change your pronouns on Zoom. The first takes a few steps, but will change your name for all future meetings. The second is very quick and you can change your name in any individual meeting, but you’ll have to do it every time.
Here’s how to add or change your pronouns on Zoom. (Make sure to check out, also.)
How to permanently add your pronouns to your Zoom account
1. Go to the Zoom web portal and log in to your account.
2. Click on Profile.
3. Click in the top right corner opposite your name Edit.
4. Under Display Name, add your pronouns in parentheses after your name – mine would be Alison DeNisco Rayome (she / her), for example. Click Saving Changes.
Your name with your pronouns added to it should appear in every meeting from now on.
How to add or change your pronouns for each individual Zoom meeting
1. After entering the meeting, click on the three dots next to your name.
2. In the drop-down menu, click Rename.
3. Add your pronouns in parentheses after your name and click OK. Note that this will only change your name for your current meeting, not other future meetings.
Look for more information, and .